Pages

Thursday 13 June 2019

Strengthening connections to maths language



Today my group (Me, Jayden and Jonathan) and I worked on this Maths vocabulary activity. It was made by Whaea Donna to help kids understand what some maths words meant. Mrs Anderson asked us what a plane is. Everyone thought it was a flying vehicle but because she was talking about the flat surface plane, all of us were wrong. This was a really good way to show us that words might mean something different in maths. If we didn't know a word Jayden would go on the explore tool to find out the meaning. I would drag the ones I knew and the ones that Jayden and Jonathan didn't know into the bottom section. Jonathan was helping me by dragging the words that go in the top section. After we finished it all of us had a good understanding of most of the maths words. Jayden, Jonathan and I worked collaborativly together as a group to complete this activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.