Pages

Tuesday 15 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey Fishing False Teeth

For this Summer Learning Journey activity, the task was to read the story (The Fishing False Teeth). In this story, a fisherman named Cor Stoop lose his teeth, when leaning to the side of a paddle boat, when having the sea sickness feeling. The other guy (Taxi driver) faked news, saying the fish had huge teeth, but got caught later. Read our DLO to find out what actually happens:








L.I: to get a greater understanding of the text

For today's the first Summer Learning Journey task, we were to read a story called Fishing False Teeth. It's a story about fake news, a fish with the mans fake teeth. This story was quite funny in my opinion. The first part was to read the story, as it helps you understand each part, and helps you get an idea of what the story is about. Next was to fill in the blanks. Who is the character? What part did they play? What was their outcome? We managed to figure out what each characters part were. Lastly we watched a video with no talking, but laughing from when the fisherman drops his teeth in the water when leaning on one side of the boat from sea sickness. I was working with a room 5 partner named Jebrael who's a year 4 student. I was helping him with this weeks couple of Summer Learning Activities, because it helps him in the future with blogging, commenting, and taking part in the next Summer Learning Journey events. This activity was quite fun, and challenging. Something we learnt new was that you can get onto the news for faking fish teeth being big. Something we found interesting is making the comic with the video.

What would be the first thing you would do, if you knew there were fake teeth inside the fish?

3 comments:

  1. Talofa Lava Giovanni
    My name is Hector and I am from LS1. I liked how you put some much detail in your template. What was interesting about your work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Giovanni,

    Wow what a great comic strip and explanation!

    It’s so nice that you were able to help out Jebrael and work together. I used to love helping younger children when I was at school, and now I’m a teacher! I still learn lots from my students even though they are much younger than me, so you may learn something new from the younger children too!

    If I found fake teeth in a fish I’d be shocked! How would you react?

    I look forward to seeing more of your great posts.

    Mā te wā,

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.