Pages

Tuesday 25 June 2019

Rhythm Interactive's Visit To PBS


Today Johnny from rhythm interactive visited our whole school. He was here to tell us about drumming and how together we can make a change. A drum is a type of instrument. Then we started with a simple beat using the phrase he said. We (Learning Space 2) buddied up and helped another class (Junior class) so that they would understand how to drum. Johnny was drumming with a drum called a djembe drum (African drum). We were listening to and following a beat / pattern / rhythm that johnny made with his djembe. Johnny said to us "if you can say it you can drum it" which meant that if you can say it then you can drum what was said (speak and copy). Somethine I found fun was making a funky beat because I got to go crazy while drumming. What I found challenging was trying to do the long drum beats. I liked today when Johnny from rhythm interactive came to our school. I enjoyed it because I never drummed before and because I learnt some new beats that I can make with a drum. Here is a link to the rhythm interactive site: Rhythm Interactive Site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.