Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

Bonus Activity: Waka ama

I would like to be in a waka ama or a waka ama race because waka were used to travel around the ocean to get from 1 place to another. I would like to be in a waka ama because if i am in one I would get to know how far and how fast a waka ama goes and because I want to know how Maori make these waka and how hard it is to control a waka ama. If I could have a choice between other boats and a waka ama I would chose a waka ama because it is my couture and because I want to know those things about a waka ama because I already know lots about other boats except for the waka ama. A waka ama is a Type of boat transportation used for People to travel and for people to race in. A fact about the waka ama is most Maori people use waka ama to travel around to find new Countries but some Maori still use it. I would use a waka ama if I had one, to Travel around New Zealand. I like waka ama because they are culture and are my coulter and because how they are used.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Giovanni!

    It's awesome that you have already completed the first day's activities. I hope you are enjoying it so far and will continue to blog with us.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts about whether you would want to be in a waka ama race. I love that you would like to be in a waka ama race one day to learn more about your culture and how the boat works. I think it is great that you are willing to try new things and learn more.

    I think it's cool that you know about other boats too. What do you know about other boats? What kinds of boats are there and are they fast like the waka?

    I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, I look forward to learning new facts and new stuff I didn't know about during the Holidays.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.