Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

A House or a Home?

I am going to tell you a difference about a wharepuni and my house. A wharepuni is a Maori house that was usually in Maori villages. My house is in the city and it is a normal house you live in and you have to buy. My house is for sleeping in, Living in and having fun in. A wharepuni were houses that were usually made for free I don't know but maybe. I wish I could be in a wharepuni to see what it looks like and feels like. I like my house better than a wharepuni because I know my house well and a wharepuni I feel nervous about. A wharepuni is a principal house of a village, guest house, sleeping house. You can find the meaning of wharepuni HERE: WHAREPUNI.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Giovanni,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team!
    Those are some good differences. I hadn't thought about their location being a difference before so I enjoyed reading about your thoughts.
    If the wharepuni were made for free, what did the Maori people use to make them? I wonder if they had builders or if they all made the wharepuni together. What do you think?

    I look forward to reading more of your blog posts.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.