Pages

Thursday 17 September 2020

Exploring Maori Place Names

 

Learning Intention: To create a google map about cities within New Zealand
This week for Maori Language week, we were creating activites, to show our learning about the Maori Culture. For this activity, we were to create a google map, about the cities within New Zealand. We were exploring Maori place names. Azatulah and I chose 5 cities. We chose the 3 main cities in New Zealand. Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch. We also chose 2 different cities, one in the south island and one in the north. Those ones were Dunedin, and Hamilton. We researched information about each city, including information about the history of them, and the Maori names. Auckland is the biggest city in New Zealand, and it's Maori name is Tamaki Makaurau. I learnt a lot of new things, about the Maori names of cities within New Zealand. My partner Azatulah, and I, were working together on this DLO. This was fun, because I like creating google maps, and learning about different cities. What I found interesting, is the Maori name of Hamilton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.