Pages

Wednesday 29 July 2020

Making Connections To Problem Solving

Learning Intention: To explore problem solving


Today, our internet connection was very slow, so we used problem solving to set ourselves up for the day, by creating a Tangram puzzle. We started off with a piece of a4 paper and a pair of scissors. We used the scissors, to create the shapes required to make our Tangram. The shapes we created were triangles, a square, and a parallelogram. We used those shapes to create a picture of an animal, after cutting out all of the shapes. I started to create a horse. It was a bit challenging, because I tried to figure out which shape I were to use, and which sized one. Next I tried another one. Next I tried the duck, and it was a bit easier. We then learned about the Tangrams, or the history about them. Tangrams were a used in the 18th century, created by China, to cure Boredom for people in ships, who were transporting equipment or materials on trading ships. After that, we attempted to make harder shapes. The shapes this time were cats, and dogs. I tried one dog, and one cat. I was proud of myself, because I was able to create both a cat, and a dog. I enjoyed learning about, and making a Tangram puzzle, to create the shape of an animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.