Pages

Thursday 24 May 2018

Keywords & Reminders

Keywords and Reminders


Text: Counting Kākahi
Text type: Info Report
Author: Hannah Rainforth
Purpose: To get keywords from that text


List the keywords on the left. Tell what the keywords remind the reader about on the right.


Keywords
Reminder
Reproduce?
Make more of that thing.
kaumātua?
Grow up or Grow old.
Whanganui?
A City on the west coast of the north of New Zealand.
Siphon?
A tube used to convey liquid upwards from a reservoir.
Palps?
Each of a pair of elongated segmented appendages near the mouth of an arthropod.
Kākahi?
Freshwater mussel.
Juveniles?
A young person.
Larvae?
The active immature form of an insect.
Parasites?
An organism which lives in or on another organism.
Metamorphose?
An insect or amphibian.
Cpue?
An indirect measure of the abundance of a target species.
Callipers?
An instrument for measuring.

L.I is to identify keywords from a text
For reading we had to do the Keyword and Reminders. We have to find keywords and remind the meaning of that word. I had 12 words to find for the book from counting kakahi. I had to find less words I think but I found more words. I was also reading the story while I go pass those interesting words because I am wanting to find interesting words and read the story too. We also had to do the concept star as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.