Pages

Friday 30 November 2018

What is peace?


L.I To explore some definitions of peace.
L.I To investigate and recognize characteristics, actions and symbols of peaceful activists.
L.I To begin to determine ways to incorporate peace into the classroom environment and the world around them.

This week for inquiry we were learning about peace. We then had to complete this slide about what is peace? We had to look through 8 images and write 3 or more words that describe each picture. We then have to discuss with oru group how each picture makes you feel and had to prepare to share with the class.

We first split our group of 5 (Me, Liletina, Farzana, Lorenzo and Akuhata) into 3 and 2. Farzana, Lorenzo and Liletina were one group and Me and Akuhata were one group.

We then had to look through the 8 slides and write 3 words Me and Akuhata felt and agreed on about the picture we chose. We chose Confident, Freedom and Proud for the first picture beccause we though if we were those people we would think that they would be feeling this.

Next we had to write a scentence using the 3 words from the picture. An example from the second picture is: The boy and girl were angry at each other. I used the words from the picture described and made a scentence that well describes the picture even more.

Last we had to make a poster from what you think peace is. I wrote 4 boxes that best describes peace. One of my boxes says that everyone should have an equal amount of shelter, water and food no matter the gender or identity.

Reflection: I really enjoyed this activity because I got to learn new things, but also because I got to make a poster which is my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.