Pages

Tuesday 19 June 2018

Think Board


L.I is to count in fractions forwards and backwards to a named whole number.
L.I is to recognize a whole of an object, part of an object and equal parts and their names.
For maths we had to learn about fractions. We learnt about the: Denominator and the Numerator. The Denominator means to decrease and the Numerator is the Number. To remember which is which just remember that the Numerator stands for Number and that the Denominator decreases the number. Then we made a copy of this google draw called the: Think board. For this activity/Must do you had to draw an image with shapes of your fraction. Then you had to take a picture/photo of any equipment, For an example Jelly beans and Counters. I used fractions because they were easy to use and explain. Next we had to name other names of this fraction and I had these names: 3 parts of 4, 3 parts out of 4 parts, three fourths, 3 quarters and 3 fourths. The last thing we had to do was the word story. The word story was the hardest thing to do because we had to write a story explaining your fraction. I talked about my mum baking an apple pie but I had to share it with me and my 2 brothers. 1 quarter of the pie was burnt do we all got 1 quarter each.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.