Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2019

Using Commas: Cultural Celebration

Cultural Celebration Writing

‘Let me tell you about’ my favorite cultural celebration. My favorite celebration is halloween. I am always excited for halloween because I get lollies. I get home from school, then get ready in my scary costume. Halloween is in the afternoon on Thursday, October 31. My mum does special effects on my face as a scary character. I like zombies, so she makes me as a zombie with an arrow in its eye. She needed fake blood, make-up and an arrow. After my mum does my face I am ready to scare people.

We get into the car, and go to different places around Auckland, Panmure, so I can scare people. I scare people, say trick or treat, and get a full bag of lollies thinking, Halloween is the best celebration, it’s my favorite. I come home, eat lollies, and enjoy the rest of the night with my family.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Today we were writing about a Cultural Celebration to practice using commas. We use commas when we need a rest in a sentence, list things, Seperate Dialogue, City / Suburb, Before FANBOYS, Date / Year and, Introductory words. I used over 10 commas in my writing and used 6 out of 7 commas in places. Now I know where to put commas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.